Do you miss apple fritters as part of your diet? This recipe takes the classic apple fritter and puts a healthy spin on it.
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 small green apple
- 1 tsp sweetened coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c Kodiak Cakes mix
- 1/2 c Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 oz chopped Pecan
- 1 Tbsp Caramel Sauce
- Peel and dice apple into 1/4 in pieces
- In a small pan add coconut oil, apple, coconut and cinnamon. Cook until apples are soft.
- Mix Kodiak Cake mix with almond milk. Add chopped pecans.
- Mix cook apple into Kodiak Cake mixture.
- Spray 12″ skillet with coconut spray and pour in Kodiak Cake mixture in pan.
- Cook until done on both sides. Drizzle with Caramel sauce.
Calories 512 – Macros P 17, C 70 , F 19 , Fiber 12
One of my favorite meals is breakfast. I could eat breakfast for every meal of the day. These protein pancakes are high in protein and carbs and are great for a pre or post workout meal. You can put different toppings and to change the macro nutrients. My personal favorite is caramel syrup, bananas and pecans.
- 1/4 Cup Gluten Free Bisquick
- 1 scoop Quest Protein Powder (I have used both Multiple Purpose Mix and Peanut Butter in this recipe)
- 1/4 Cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Coconut Oil Spray
- Heat pan and spray with coconut oil.
- If using a 12 in pan pour entire batter in pan. If using a smaller pan then pour 1/2 of the batter in the pan.
- Wait until the edges look dry so when you flipped the pancake it doesn’t fall apart.
- Cook second side for 2-3 minutes.
- Once done top with fresh fruit or other toppings.
Note: You can use this batter for pancakes or waffles.
Approximate macronutrient breakdown: Protein 40 g, Carbs 50 g, Fats 3 g, Calories 387